Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Him Again

Yes.....the boy. After my insane mom freakout on my very own blog, I felt the need to take a moment and give my readers an update. I know, you all feel a little betrayed right now because of my absence. I suck. That's all I can really say. I'm just awful at prioritizing things in my life and sometimes just have to take breaks from things. I think that thirty days of blogging is what did it.

Anyway, the creative juices are flowing again! I'm going to do a re-design soon and another "Best of..." from my kids' daily insanity is in the works. Other things I'm not going to get all share-y about as well. Let's get back to what I'm supposed to be doing here....updating.

The boy. He is a truly unique creature. He is the only person in the WORLD that can make me beam with pride and sigh with exasperation at the EXACT SAME TIME. My last post about him was just so sad for me and scary. I saw him turning this path and it freaked me out. Luckily, I seemed to have found help for him at the right time from the right people. Today, he is now a COMPLETELY different kid from the picture I last painted. Don't get me wrong.....he still has his moments.

He has been taking therapy classes four times a week and going to his Montessori school while I work. If you don't know what a Montessori school is, I suggest you check it out. I went to the same school when I was his age and the type of curriculum is just perfect for him. He started off as the most difficult child in his class and is now at the top. No medication, no psychiatry, no special diet. He is still learning some tricks on managing his feelings, but he can calm himself down now and it makes all the difference.


We are getting ready for his FOURTH birthday and I'm going all mental about it. Four is that age where you can finally reason with them. They start being their own people more and more and pushing away the tastes you impose upon them. Turns out, this little guy is quite shy, empathetic, funny, kind of a germ-o-phobe, and likes adding "butt" to every word imaginable. Pretty typical for four. I'm really proud of how far he has come in just a couple months! Happy birthday to my favorite guy in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment