- Sweat is sexy.
- Spraying your pads between washings is essential.
- Love and listen to your teammates. It helps on and off the rink.
- Attack without fear and hug it out later. Leave the anger on the rink where it belongs.
- Bruises are also sexy and you start to miss them when they fade.
- Hydration is more important than ANYTHING else in the summer.
- Fishnets aren't broken in until they are broken.
- Derby friends say "yes" when your other friends say "no".
- If at first you don't succeed, practice, practice, practice!
- Refs are smarter than they look. (hee hee) Their tips can save your game.
- Garters are a bitch to skate in.
- LOVE your knees. They take everything the hardest, you must treat them extra nice!
- Epsom salts are a miracle.
- Fans will love you even when you lose.
- Play your best with all your heart and you will never have a single regret.
- Check your fears at the door. (I am still working on this...getting it down slowly!)
- EVERYONE will agree that a great bra is your best investment. (besides your perfect skates of course!)
- Love your league and try not to just hang out with your team. Branch out and get to know everyone!
- Ask not what your league can do for you, but what you can do for your league.
- Skate until it breaks you. At. Every. Practice.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Posted by JC at 11:08 AM