Monday, July 2, 2012

Injury Blues

I've been in a funk lately. I miss roller derby terribly. I've had mixed reviews on the ankle and getting back to derby, but I just won't risk getting in my skates until I have insurance again. I have the kids to support and I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid. So...on the bench I sit. WAITING. It sucks super bad and it makes me cry real tears.

People keep asking me when am I coming back. I tell them, as soon as I am able! It's no lie. I COULD strap on skates right now, but if something happened again, well...it would be the end of everything. This has been the hardest part. Waiting and watching. Seeing everyone progress and having to start again from scratch. It's like in Candyland when you get sent all the way back to the beginning and you don't stand a chance at catching back up.

Only, I think I can. I can get insurance and I can catch back up. I will just have to work twice as hard as everyone else and push back the pain and fear when my ankle won't move the right way or my muscles give out. I'm going to feel inspired again. I'm going to be a part of things again. I've had to many people tell me to give up and that I can't do it now that I must. The surest way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! I heard some of these same things after I broke my collarbone. But when I came back, I was hungrier than everyone else. I have no doubt you'll be exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get back out there!! Those people who told you to give up can Eat Shit & Die.

    ReplyDelete